Monday, January 19, 2009

TAYA! (TAG! YOU'RE IT!)

Ok. I have to be honest here. I was really just going ape with Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn. I mean since I got it hooked on last December 26th, I was just totally focused on it as much as I can, so my plan to put up this blog by end of last year just went pffft!

But here I am finally with what is the first serious installment of Kalaro Mo, the blog. Translated Kalaro Mo means Your Playmate (if you want to be specific, it's Playmate Yours, a lot of things are topsy turvy in the Philippines). It will be a spin-off of my tech column Walastech. Kalaro Mo will deal with gaming ang the Pinoy gaming culture. Something that I have had my eye on for a long time, being a gamer, but a beat that I have had the privilege of covering exclusively all of last year, and continuing this year being the Correspondent of Playground Magazine, the only multi-platform magazine in the country.

My bosses know about this, and they have first dibs on all my stories, especially the exclusives, but whatever doesn’t make it into Playground Magazine ends up here, and eventually, it should end up in the Playground Blog on their fan pages in FFM (Friendster, Facebook, Multiply). Also, I will be posting sort of an online slum book of different gaming personalities here. So watch out for that. Hehehe.

I hope that you, dear reader would support this little endeavor of mine, as this is really non-profit and is a definite labor of love. This is in response to Alex Villafania, the voice of Hackenslash.Net, who said that the more people that cover the local gaming scene, the better it is for everyone, and thus, here is my response.

Here is to hopefully an interesting time trying to figure out what is what with Pinoy Gaming. Mabuhay!

No comments:

Post a Comment