Friday, January 16, 2009

SPOILER WARNING

I have an ex-friend who used to look up to me as a "mentor" who texts me everytime that Pambansang Kamao Manny "The Destroyer" Pacquiao has a fight. He sends me an SMS right after he watches the fight and tells me who won. Now this might be okay if he tells me after I too have seen the fight. But unfortunately, he is so much a fanboy that he actually watches the pay per view fights either in the malls or somewhere else.

So what happens, for the past few years is that I get a message of how the fights go, sometimes hours before the fight ends on free TV where I always watch the fights. I am not going to spend any extra amount of money on information that I will eventually learn about since as it happens, the word does leak out from the people who did watch it on pay-per-view. But the thing is. It ruins it for me. And I have told him time and again to not do so, but I guess fanboy that he is, he just can't help his jubilation or grief, whichever it may be. Sad because I thought he would be educated enough to understand the word No and Stop.

But he doesn't and so, it wasn't a surprise when I got up this afternoon, groggily I might add because I am "down with the sickness" these past two days, that there is an SMS about what happened in the recently concluded Pacquiao De la Hoya match. Unsolicited spoilers. Just what I need. Funny enough, I was wondering why there wasn't any clamor outside, lo and behold, my brother-in-law treated my father-in-law to a pay-per-view match at Murphy's--a local Irish themed sports bar. Thus he was not watching the local telecast anymore, where a five minute commercial break is inserted between each round extending what ought to be a "twelve round match" into "The Ten Commandments."

I feel like I shouldn't blame the boy for being enthusiastic, it seems that it is I who is not being enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment